Sunday, May 4, 2014

Girls Night Out Wine Carrier

I have been really quiet lately.  I was in an extended crochet funk.  Nothing made me want to go out and buy yarn and make it.

That was until yesterday.  You see back in October I went to the CGOA conference in Charlotte, NC.  I stopped by the Lion Brand Yarn booth on the show floor.  They were selling several yarns.  I saw some of the fettuccini yarn in the colors of THE Ohio State University. (red and gray)

This is from Lion Brand Yarn:

Fettuccini® is a unique super bulky yarn made from the remnants of garment manufacturing. It’s strong enough for bags and bowls, but it’s comfortable enough for jewelry and accessories. Because the material is re purposed, every colorway is limited edition, so your creations will always be one-of-a-kind.

I am all for using recycled or re purposed items. I wish yarn companies made more of this type of yarn. 

I walked by the yarn once, twice, and the third time decided to purchase it.  I thought when are you ever again, going to find this perfect color combination. I bought the only 2 skeins they had.

The first skein went to a place mat to put my Chihuahua's  dish on while she eats.  Princess can be a slob when she is eating and drinking. Since it  is like a t shirt material, it washes up great!!!

What to do with the other skein......then yesterday I saw the Girls Night Out Wine Carrier post on Facebook from Moogly.   I saw they used fettuccini yarn.  I was ecstatic!  I ran and found my yarn and whipped up two of these for a family get together on May 18th.  I am keeping one of the carriers.   If my sisters are nice to me, one of them may end up with the other one.


No comments:

Post a Comment